Patient Rights & Responsibilities
As a participant in the Catalyst Care Management program, patients have the right:
- To be treated with respect, dignity, consideration, and compassion.
- To be informed about services and options available to them.
- To receive care management services free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, class, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability.
- To reach an agreement with their care management about the frequency of contact they have either in person or over the phone.
- To have input into the care management plan.
- To refuse treatment or services, including care management services and the implications of such refusal relating to benefits eligibility and/or health outcomes.
- To use end of life and advance care directives.
- To receive notification and a rationale when care management services are changed or terminated.
- To withdraw their voluntary consent to participate in care management.
- To have their medical records and care management records be treated confidentially.
- To file a complaint regarding the Catalyst Care Management program by contacting customer service.
Patients have the responsibility:
- To accurately and completely disclose relevant information and notify Catalyst Care Management of any changes.
- To become involved in individually specific health care decisions.
- To work collaboratively with Catalyst Care Management in developing goals and implementing interventions to manage their condition.
- To work collaboratively with health care providers in developing and carrying out agreed-upon treatment plans.
- To make a good-faith effort to maximize healthy habits, such as exercising, not smoking and eating a healthy diet.
- To abide by the administrative and operational procedures of the Catalyst Care Management program.
- To participate as much as they are able in creating a plan for care management.
- To let their care coordinator know any concerns they have about their care management plan or changes in their needs.
- To make and keep appointments to the best of their ability, or if possible to phone to cancel or change an appointment time.
- To stay in communication with their care coordinator by informing him/her of changes in address or phone number and responding to the care coordinator’s calls or letters to the best of their ability.
Contacting Us: If there are any questions regarding this patient rights & responsibilities you may contact us using the information below:
Catalyst Health Network
6400 Pinecrest Drive
Plano, Texas 75024